Miscellaneous Reimbursements

Expenditures incurred for supplies and services purchased in support of the University's mission. Whenever possible, one of UCSB's established and approved purchasing methods, either Gateway or the Flexcard, should be used in place of a miscellaneous reimbursement. Per policy you may not be reimbursed if the campus determines that the purchase was not critical or that you paid more than a contracted vendor would charge. Procurement Services is now reviewing reimbursement requests and may decline some or all expenses claimed. Examples of reimbursable items may include:

  • Office supplies
  • Software
  • Page charges

Entertainment Reimbursements

Expenditures for meals or light refreshments and related services incurred in connection with events that are primarily social or recreational activities in support of the University’s mission. Such activities must support an underlying University business purpose such as promoting goodwill, donor cultivation, etc.

The maximum per-person expenditures for meals and lights refreshments furnished by the University may not exceed the following amounts:

  • Breakfast $27.00
  • Lunch $47.00
  • Dinner $81.00
  • Light Refreshments $19.00

Original itemized and credit card receipts and "wet" signatures are required for all reimbursements.

Declaration of Missing Evidence

If you are unable to locate original receipts for your reimbursement, please complete a Declaration of Missing Evidence for each missing receipt and substantiate with an alternate proof of purchase