Request for Travel Advance

You may request a travel advance for expenses incurred prior to a trip. You must submit original receipts with a completed and signed Travel Advance Request.

The traveler must account for the total amount of all expenses and advances by submitting a Travel Reimbursement Request within 21 days of completion of the trip. If the amount advanced is less than the expenses entered on the form, the traveler will be paid the difference. If the advance exceeds the reimbursable expenses, the traveler must write a check payable to UC Regents for the excess. The traveler must submit a Travel Reimbursement Request even if he or she is not owed any additional reimbursement.

Travel Reimbursement Request

Domestic or foreign travel, complete, obtain appropriate approval signature and return the form with original receipts*. There are no per diem rates on meals for domestic travel. Please record your actual expenditures (itemized receipts) on the Travel Reimbursement Request.

Travel policy limits lodging nightly rates to a maximum of $275/night when traveling in lower 48 states for less than 30 days. If requesting reimbursement for more than this limit, please complete the Lodging Limit Justification form and submit with your Travel Reimbursement Request.

*Receipts for all expenses for which you seek reimbursement are required including, but not limited to:

  • Airline Passenger Receipts**
  • Rental car receipts, rail ticket stubs, bus tickets
  • Local transportation receipts
  • Receipts for miscellaneous expenses (supplies)
  • Hotel receipts (must be itemized to show nightly rates, applicable taxes, etc.)
  • Conference Registration Receipts

**U.S. Flag Carriers must be used for travel on federal funds.

Declaration of Missing Evidence

If you are unable to locate original receipts for your trip, please complete a Declaration of Missing Evidence for each missing receipt and substantiate with an alternate proof of purchase (i.e. credit card statement showing payment).